Monday, June 23, 2014

Don't judge a book by its cover

I had the opportunity to attend sacrament meeting today :)

This morning, I went to mass, as usual, except today it was just my mom and me. My dad and sisters went to a later mass. I wanted to go early cuz I had plans for right after 9am mass, and going to 10:30 mass wasn't gonna work for me. Anywho, since my sisters weren't there, I didn't have to take communion to keep up appearances :)

I totally had a Catholic Thoughts post idea, but it sounded like I was attacking the Catholic church for their beliefs, and I don't want to do that. I can't expect people to respect my faith if I don't respect other faiths.

SO here's a post that was triggered by one of the songs from sacrament meeting :)

There was a line in the song about how Jesus Christ was not physically attractive when He came to Earth. All those artist interpretations of Him, where He's kinda pleasing to the eye?
Image source
Yeah, it wasn't like that (not hating on the artwork, cuz it's the artist's personal relationship with Him. Just sayin' He didn't come to Earth to be physically attractive). At first, when I thought about that, I was disappointed. I was like, it's so much easier to feel close to Him (or want to feel close to Him) if He's attractive! And then I realized how stupid that sounds.

First of all, He's our big brother. That's just wrong if I feel attracted to Him because of His looks. *shudders*

Secondly, that kind of mentality (the "it's easier to want to feel close to Him if He's pleasing to the eye" one) shows how society thinks. It's not just the romantic aspect. Society is more drawn to the beautiful people. And it surprised me how quick I was to think the same way.

It's always said that it's what's on the inside that counts. Don't judge a book by its cover. And truly, if you get to know a person, and love them, they will always matter more to you than the "beautiful" people. Build your relationship with Christ based on love and trust and faith and prayer, not based on the attractiveness of the image in your head.

<3 Marie-Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear People Who Comment,

You are awesome. That is all.
<3 Marie-Rose